We’re taking away the hassle of finding the best professional chainsaw out of dozens of options the internet can offer. We’ve tried a lot of chainsaws for different levels of cutting complexity and we know exactly which ones were made to get pro-jobs done impressively.
From among the gas-powered and electric-powered industrial chainsaws, here are the best pro chainsaws with specs and features that will serve a great purpose for both industrial and professional use.
Top Advanced Chainsaw Comparison & Reviews
1. Husqvarna 455 Rancher 20-Inch Gas-Powered Chainsaw
- Uses x-torq engine technology for improved fuel efficiency.
- It features a design that is optimized to reduce vibrations.
- The air filter is easy to clean and replace.
- The product is easy to start without the risk of flooding.
- Features a 55.5 cc 2-stroke engine.
- Features a 20-inch long blade.
This is one of the best professional chainsaws that we have come across, but it is priced accordingly. If you are not concerned about a moderately higher price point and you would prefer a larger model, the Husqvarna 455 is one of the best options at your disposal.
This is one of the more user-friendly professional models that you will come across, but it is important to take this product’s bulk and hefty weight into account. Weighing nearly 15 pounds, this chainsaw can get a little tiring to lug around, so ensure that you will make use of the increased size before opting for this model.
As with most modern Husqvarna tools, this professional model makes use of x-torq engine technology. This has several advantages over traditional engines used on professional chainsaws. For example, it reduces fuel consumption by nearly a quarter, which ensures that your chainsaw will last longer and cost far less to operate.
The second advantage of the x-torq system is that it reduces your engine emissions, which goes a long way towards making this product more environmentally friendly than the competition. While 2-stroke engines are known for being unfriendly to the environment, this system helps mitigate that damage.
2. Poulan Pro 967061501 50cc 2 Stroke Gas Powered Pro Chain Saw
- Features OxyPower engine technology for improved emissions and efficiency.
- Features an optimized starter system for an easier start-up.
- Maintenance combi-tool is implemented into the handle for ease of access.
- Features a 20-inch bar and chain with low kick-back.
- Chain tensioning is side-mounted and easy to access.
- Features an ergonomic handle with a built-in vibration reduction system.
This is a more affordable professional model than the previous product we reviewed, which was manufactured by Husqvarna, but this does not mean that it is any less effective. There are a few features that are meant to improve your user experience, and in some ways, this model is more user-friendly than a lot of the competition.
The inclusion of a starter system that is designed to operate more smoothly than the competition ensures that it will last longer. Most starter systems take quite a bit of abuse when used for longer periods, and they tend to be the weakest point of your chainsaw, thankfully, that is not the case here.
The decision to include a combi-tool in the handle ensures that you will be able to fix up your chainsaw, no matter where you are. Although the design of the Poulan Pro 967061501 ensures that you will not have to use the combi-tool very often, this is due to how the air filters and spark plugs can be swapped out on the fly.
This is not the only part that is easy to access and maintain, however. Another aspect which contributes to this being the ideal professional chainsaw regarding user-friendliness is the chain tensioning which is mounted on the side. This allows you to make quicker chain adjustments.
3. Remington RM4216 Rebel 42cc Gas Chainsaw
- Features a low-kickback bar and chain design.
- Two choices regarding length: 14 inches and 16 inches.
- Features an ergonomic handle with a cushion wrap design.
- Features QuickStart technology for an easier start-up.
- Features a 42 cc 2-cycle gas engine.
- It comes included with a carrying case and chain oil.
This is one of the more affordable professional chainsaws that you will come across, which is priced at just about 150 dollars. While the power output may be a little lower than other professional models, you will find that it is sufficient for most applications, regardless of whether you are at home or work.
The Remington RM4216 continues the trend of convenience that we established with the previous model of chainsaw. While these professional models are manufactured by separate companies, you will find quite a few similarities regarding user-friendliness. For example, this one also features a reliable quick start system.
The inclusion of a carrying case and complimentary bar and chain oil ensures that it is best for first-time owners who would like the greatest professional chainsaw. Unlike the other models on this list, this product gives you a choice of bar length, which can vary between 14 inches and 16 inches.
Since it is available in relatively small sizes and short bar lengths, you will find that it is an excellent choice of model for those who are hoping for a more compact chainsaw. While there are professional models that are available in smaller sizes, this one provides a middle ground between the two extremes regarding the size.
We were also impressed by the ergonomic design of the handle, featuring a cushion wrap for added comfort. Another feature which radically improves your comfort while using this chainsaw is the implementation of a five-point anti-vibration system.
4. Hitachi CS33EB16 16-Inch Gas-Powered Chainsaw
- Features a 1.6 hp commercial engine.
- Features PureFire low-emission engine technology.
- It features a system that is designed to reduce vibrations.
- Features an Oregon bar and chain for less kickback.
- It features a chain brake that is designed to stop chain rotation immediately.
- It features a chain tensioner that can be accessed from the side.
- It comes included with a seven-year consumer warranty.
- Features a choice of three lengths: 14 inches, 16 inches, 20 inches.
This is one of the most advanced professional chainsaws that you will find available at a mid-range price point. There are several features that you will find highly useful in this professional chainsaw. As with most similarly-priced models, it comes included with a system that is meant to reduce vibrations.
The inclusion of a chain break ensures that you will be safe if the worse occurs. A side-mounted chain tensioner allows you to fix your chain tension without the need for additional tools. While convenience isn’t the main attraction of this model, you will find that it is still sufficiently user-friendly.
You have a choice of three lengths for the Hitachi CS33EB16, which allows you to opt for the best size for your intended applications. Since most of the top pro chainsaws will force you to opt for a single size, it can be difficult to find a professional model which is best for your needs.
The use of PureFlow technology in this model’s engine ensures that you will not have to deal with the pollution and lack of efficiency which is typical of two-stroke engines. While this technology will not completely rectify the flaws of these engines, you will find that it is far better than an engine without it.
5. Tanaka TCS33EDTP/14 32.2cc Gas-Powered Chainsaw
- Features a 32 cc commercial-grade engine for improved power.
- Features a sprocket nose bar and an Oregon chain.
- Features a gear-driven automatic chain oiler.
- Features chain tensioning which may be accessed from the side.
- The inclusion of oil and a carrying case is optional.
- Features the choice between a 12-inch bar and chain and a 14-inch bar and chain.
This chainsaw features a variety of aspects that make it particularly suited for use when you need to work in a more confined area. For example, the choice between a 12-inch and 14-inch bar and chain ensures that you will be able to use this chainsaw almost anywhere, even when climbing.
The inclusion of a lanyard ring on this chainsaw ensures that you will be able to cut branches off of trees if you need to use it while climbing. It is also effortless to adjust certain parts of this chainsaw. For example, the side-mounted chain tensioner ensures that you will able to set your chain’s tension quickly and easily.
The Tanaka TCS33EDTP/14 also comes with a number of optional products which can make it easier to use and improve your user experience. For example, your chainsaw may come included with a carrying case, but it can also be packaged with one of three different types of Tanaka bar and chain oil.
The inclusion of an automatic oiler ensures that your chainsaw will remain properly lubricated and ready for use as long as you keep it sufficiently topped-up. The sprocket nose bar is an aspect which ensures that you can get the most control out of your cuts since slipping becomes less of a concern.
Regardless of whether you are looking for the heavy-duty effectiveness of the Husqvarna product, or if you would rather opt for the low price of the Remington model, this guide has you covered. We hope that our reviews have proved to be both informative and helpful, as it can sometimes be difficult to tell the differences between the best professional chainsaws without reviews.
Latest posts by Robert (see all)
Top 100 Easiest Woodworking Projects for Beginners- November 10, 2019
- 4 Best Scrolls Saw Stands - July 28, 2019
- Green Living – Toxins in Your Woodwork - July 7, 2019