From a company named Worx, the Worx 16-inch 14.5 Amp Electric Chainsaw promises to cut through the competition at a price that’s affordable. Does it hold up through and does it prove good on its promise? With a rated voltage of only 120v and 60hz, it has a low operating power but it does have a nice and high kick to it. There’s also a 3-year warranty included with this product which is great if you ever have to return it for any reason and Worx as a company has been nothing but pleasant to work with.
The design seems a bit simplistic and doesn’t differ a lot from other similar chainsaws, at least some that are in the similar price range. The base of the saw where the motor is located is decorated orange with the Worx logo proudly displayed on the side. The blade seems rather lengthy and is also covered with a Worx logo, just incase you missed it on the base of the chainsaw. The actual chain seems a bit rigged but is super durable and of great quality, with auto-tension technology built in.
- Has a very lightweight design that makes it easier to hold and is great for people who’ve never used a chainsaw before. It’s also great for quick work.
- Safety is one of the biggest and main concerns of Worx, so this particular chainsaw has a built-in chain brake so that if you ever need to stop on a dime, you’ll be able to do so. You’ll be able to stop the chain in a matter of a couple seconds which is great for safety.
- The maintenance of the chain is also very low thanks to the built-in oiler which helps keeps the chain lubricated and eliminates the need for regular maintenance. The tension is also regulated while working, so minimal damage is done to the chain.
- Has a 14.5 Amp motor that delivers highly effective power and rivals that of a gas-powered chainsaw.
- You’ll be comfortable while you’re holding the chainsaw thanks to the very durable and comfortable rubber handle placed on the rear. This handle allows you to cut through anything you’re working on and the chainsaw also contains a front wrapping handle that provides you with safety as well.
Pros & Cons
- Comes with a 3-year warranty which is covered under the manufacturer if there’s any kind of issues or concerns with this chainsaw
- Doesn’t have much of a kick when it’s starting up and is equipped with a low kickback bar incase the startup does come with a bit of a kick
- Includes an oil reserve which helps preserve the natural lifespan of the chainsaw and each time you start it up, it’ll feel like it’s being naturally started up rather than a chore every single time
- While this particular product doesn’t include a battery, the battery longevity of this chainsaw is relatively long and you won’t have to worry about it failing in the middle of a job
- The motor is approximately 14.5 Amps, so you’ll get about the same level of performance that you would out of any other kind of motor and it delivers the same amount of performance, so you won’t have to worry about any kind of lackluster performance
- The chain can seem a bit thin compared to other products when you first receive this model, so it will take a bit of getting used to on your first couple of cuts
Q: I have a 100-foot extension cord. Will this product work with that?
A: This particular chainsaw has a strong rating of 3.5 HP and as stated above, it operates at 14.5 amps. If you have a long cord, there’s going to be more resistance and you’re going to face more trouble getting your chainsaw to operate at maximum capacity the longer the cable. However, the chainsaw should operate just fine with a 100-foot cord extension cable but just be aware that it may not be at maximum capacity.
Q: What kind of warranty is included with this chainsaw?
A: There’s a 3-year limited warranty included with this chainsaw which can be viewed on the official Worx website located here: https://www.worx.com/en-US/Warranty.aspx. You might want to read through that to read the official terms and conditions of the warranty to make sure you’re within rules of the warranty to replace or return the product to the manufacturer.
Q: Does this chainsaw have an oil leaking problem?
A: No, it doesn’t. At least, it doesn’t to any official documents. If you’re having any kind of trouble with oil leaking, you may want to do a couple of things. First, try to pull the safety bar back as far as you can and then push it forward slowly. When the chainsaw arrives, the safety bar will be placed into the stopping position, so it needs to be moved before it’s operated for the first time.
The price of Worx 16-inch 14.5 Amp Electric Chainsaw alone almost makes it worth it in the long run. This is a highly cost-effective chain saw and works just as effectively as a gas-powered chainsaw, which is quite impressive to us. It’s very rare that you’ll find any kind of electric powered chainsaw that works just as well as a gas powered one. There’s honestly not a lot of complaints or cons to this chainsaw. We’ve seen one or two people complain about the overall size of the blade, saying it’s smaller than other blades but it’s not a big deal.
The chain speed is relatively fast at a nice 12m/s and the voltage is pretty solid at 120V and 60Hz. The fact that it’s self-lubricating eliminated so much need for manual labor, manual maintenance and other annoying aspects that goes into other chainsaws, which makes this one so much better. If you’re looking for a great electric chainsaw that doesn’t cost much and is easy on the hands, this Worx 16-Inch 14.5 Amp Review provides you the answer.