For the novice woodworker to a veteran woodshop hobbyist, buying a hybrid table saw is essential for your woodshop arsenal. They are the one-stop tool that are able to hold the piece of wood you’re working on and cut it at the same time. It combines the best features of two things: the contractor saw and cabinet saw. This allows even amateurs to complete a lot of different projects with precision every time and get things done efficiently.
There are many different hybrid table saws out there with great reviews, but which one should you buy as the best hybrid table saw? Let’s take a look at some of our top picks!
Top 5 Hybrid Table Saws – Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
1 – Grizzly Industrial G0690-10’’ 3HP 220V Cabinet Table Saw with Riving Knife
This masterpiece of a hybrid table saw from Grizzly makes its way on a lot of best table saws reviews and choice list. This is not without a reason. Other than the quick release blade guard, this table saw also comes equipped with a quick release riving knife, one of the essential safety features for a table saw.
The quality cast iron table is made with precision in mind and T-slot miter gauge the table saw can handle heavy-duty woodwork. This material helps to absorb vibration from the motor and blade and works to hold the sharp blade in alignment with the miter slot for even more accuracy and precision in each cut every time.
The rip capacity you get is at 29-1/2″ right and 12″ left. You also get a 4-foot dust collector port to collect leftover dust and empties out easily. You’ll find this hybrid table saw is a hefty piece of equipment weighing at about 530 lbs, but it features all you need to ensure a safe and pleasurable experience for its price. Overall, it’s one of the best hybrid table saws in the market.
- This professional saw comes with a quick release riving knife, which is a safety feature that works to prevent kick back.
- Also has safety features such as a quick release blade guard and a push stick which one should use instead of their fingers to keep wood flat against the blade/machine table.
- Features a 4-foot (very large and spacious) dust port to maintain cleanliness when working
- The heavy-duty miter gauge feature is designed to keep the wood steady in place for angled cuts, unlike other models.
- The strong table comes with cast iron extension wings for more space, and absorbs vibration from the motor
- We like that the belt drive and easy-glide fence system makes cutting wood even easier.
- Features knurled knobs for adjusting the fence with nylon runners.
- Rip at 29-1/2″ right, and 12″ left
- The green decal bottom scratches easily.
- Reviews say customer service needs improvement.
2 – DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Table Saw
While other units come with a base, the Dewalt table saw has a very high rating due to its portability. Weighing only 22 kg, buying this one is an important investment that goes a long way (and to many places). Let’s look at the different features.
The steel roll cage also protects against drops, 22 kg could still be pretty heavy, and the rack and pinion fence combined with clear scales and a front and rear fence lock make this table saw very easy to use.
The motor of this hybrid table saw has a power of 1850 watts is amazing for any type of wood and cuts. This motor is powerful enough for your projects. As for the blade, it has a tough carbide blade for durability as well. You’ll find that the tabletop and bevel lock feature allows for supreme accuracy and easy adjustments in place. The overload protection system helps with the job for hard, wet and frozen pieces of wood as well.
Plus, you’ll also get good customer service if you need any important help with the product.
- This heavy weight piece of equipment comes with a 3-year limited warranty, one year of free service, and a 90-day money-back guarantee. Talk about a protected buy!
- Features a 15 amp high-torque motor delivers consistent and powerful performance.
- The fence system allows a very large rip capacity of 20 inches for thicker cuts.
- The rack and pinion fence rails are designed to make important adjustments fast and easy.
- We like that this hybrid table saw has a convenient size for different needs. Its small and portable product design does make it easy for transportation.
- This portable hybrid table saw weighs only 22 kg.
- It comes with an impressive, high quality 2.5-inch dust collector feature for its size.
- The Dewalt hybrid table saw allows quick and easy tool-free adjustments.
- The blade raising and lowering mechanism is hard to use.
3 – Bosch Power Tools 4100-10 Tablesaw
The next one on our best table saw list is a great choice for a professional jobsite table saw from Bosch Power Tools. The brand is known for great tool options, like their top-rated scroll saws, which is as impressive as the 4100-10 table saw. It’s a power tool that has a 4.0 max Hp and 3650 RPM motor (more than the Shop Fox W1837) to cut through most materials. The large cast aluminum table top gives more space with 25 inches of rip capacity.
This hybrid table saw is a good portable option that comes with a gravity rise wheeled stand that makes it easy for use at the jobsite. Wheel it anywhere you need to go and disassemble it easily when needed.
For safety, the smart protection system includes a riving knife and anti kickback pawls that provide superior protection. The blade guard also keeps your fingers and hands safe with when you can’t see them well. Overall, it’s one of the best hybrid table saws you’ll find out there with the best value.
- The portable and collapsible design of this hybrid table saw allows you to adjust the height and move it to suit your cutting needs.
- It’s an efficient design that allows one-handed working operation.
- Has a 3,650 no-load RPM motor and 25″ rip capacity
- For safety features, there is a riving knife in the design and anti kickback pawls.
- The cutting surface area is made larger and can easily handle cuts with wood pieces and planks up to 25 inches wide.
- Heavy weight machine that’s powerful and efficient with accurate cutting work
- If it’s important for you to move around a lot, this model has wheels
- This hybrid table saw is a very versatile type and good for the jobsite. Good performance overall.
- Doesn’t last long, compared to other top models.
- May not be built for heavy-duty construction.
4 – ShopFox W1819 3 HP 10-inch Table Saw with Riving Knife
At 539 pounds, this high quality hybrid table saw from ShopFox is built to last. Buying this Shop Fox model will ensure many years of minimal maintenance service. The large cast iron trunnions (like in Shop Fox W1837) absorb vibrations while working and the 3 HP motor and triple drive belt on top of the cast iron table with wings for more workspace, what more could you ask for in a Shop Fox hybrid table saw?
The blade guard of the Shop Fox W1819 is made of a clear polycarbonate shield with a spreader and anti-kickback pawls to minimize any cutting accidents. The clear shield feature will not obstruct vision during operation. Of course, we cannot forget about the riving knife of this Shop Fox model which prevents the cut piece from pinching the back of the blade. It also features a magnetic switch, to top that off.
Need help for longer work pieces? The fence of the ShopFox W1819 hybrid table saw provides superior support. With a flip stop that allows for easy pivoting when work pieces need a same length cut, your end product will have excellent precision.
To get the right angle you want from this Shop Fox 1819 hybrid table saw, the operator can control blade tilt anywhere from 0-45 degrees. Another variation of this model is the Shop Fox W1837.
- The design of this Shop Fox W1819 hybrid table saw was created with longevity in mind.
- Equipped with cast iron trunnions for easy use and a triple belt drive motor, the Shop Fox table saw can handle most tough work pieces with great performance.
- The cast iron table with wings offer more workspace if you want
- The blade guard, fence, spreader and anti-kickback pawls of this Shop Fox W1819 hybrid table saw offer all the safety features you need.
- The clear polycarbonate shield doesn’t obstruct your vision.
- The operator can change the blade tilt anywhere between 0-45 degrees.
- This Shop Fox hybrid saw has an adjustable miter gauge for precision
- There’s much adjusting before use
- The fence isn’t very effective.
5 – LAGUNA TOOLS Fusion 36 inch RIP 110 V
The Laguna Tools Fusion is the best hybrid table saw for more heavy duty jobs. So if you are looking at something durable that can deal with quality construction of houses, this may be your best choice. The 1.75 hp motor and the 110 volt outlet provide you more than enough power.
The 10-inch blade is on the same level with other standard hybrid saws. One of the best features of the Laguna Tools Fusion hybrid table saw is the trunnions are not attached to the table top, unlike other models. It’s a hybrid because the product takes the design of the traditional cabinet table saw.
Many useful features and safety measures in this hybrid table saw include a riving knife, precision fence, and 2 miter slots.
We want to keep our work area clean, and the Fusion hybrid table saw also comes with a dust collection port built-in. Overall, you get the best value.
- The good quality 1.75 HP motor on this durable hybrid table saw provides more than enough power for heavy-duty jobs.
- The dust collection system keeps your workplace free of dirt
- The riving knife and safety blade guard keep your fingers from harm.
- The trunnion is mounted on the frame instead of being attached to the table top like other conventional designs.
- It’s easy to change the blades that come on this hybrid table saw.
- Rip capacity is more than 30 inches.
- Similar to a cabinet table saw design
- It may be suited to a higher voltage.
- The insert that surrounds the blade is made of plastic.
- The dust control and collection feature may not be very effective.
What to Look for When Buying the Best Hybrid Table Saw
The hybrid table saw is among the handiest tools that’s good for your workshop. No matter if you are a beginner who just picked up the first top woodworking book you found, a hobbyist, or even a veteran, they offer a variety of services and convenience. They’re called hybrids because they are the perfect mix of cabinet saws and contractor saws. Cabinet saws and contractor saws both have perks and drawbacks. A hybrid table saw possesses the best of both worlds. But how do we know what to look for and what best features to consider when buying a quality hybrid table saw? Follow the guide we have compiled below.
It’s good to find a hybrid table saw with safety features built-in to protect from the blade. Blade guards (that are hopefully transparent to not obstruct your line of sight), and a riving knife feature are pretty standard. Although it goes without saying that transparent blade guards are easier to use, it’ll be stronger if it’s made out of steel. The main purpose of a blade guard is to prevent kickback, which could cause accidents.
Belt drive or direct drive? That is the question to consider. Belt drives provide more torque and actually last longer and are more durable than the direct drive. However, the downside to a drive belt is the continuous maintenance needed to replace the belt, they are noisier, and they pick up more dust. So for the choice between belt drive or direct drive, to each their own.
The standard power output of a hybrid table saw motor ranges from 1.5-1.75 HP. That should be sufficient for the average handyman and woodworker. If you happen upon a hybrid table saw that possesses a higher power output than that, then you’ve got a winner on your hands! However, anything above a 2 HP might be too powerful for those with less experience. Saws like the Shop Fox W1837 have 2 HP power. If you need something with much less power or something to use in a small DIY project, you might want to consider getting the best small circular saw.
Hybrid table saws are best used with 110 – 220 volt outlets.
Before you buy, consider where you will be setting up a woodworking shop and how much space you’re allowed. Make sure that the hybrid table saw will even fit in your work area! Next up is the weight, which is a more significant feature than you think. If you are looking for one that’s portable, it’s important for it to be relatively light. Look into stands, and foldable bases with wheels or a tabletop saw.
A dust port is not a total necessity but it may be for some. Keeping your work area clean may help maintain your sanity and save you from a big cleanup job. Don’t worry, most hybrid table saws have a dust collection feature. The larger the port is, the more dust it can collect, so dust control around the area is much easier. Without dust collection, it may be harder to make sure the area is clean.
Price and Budget
The price range of hybrid table saws on the market is very wide. Models can range from a few hundred to thousands in price, just like chainsaws (with the best professional chainsaws the priciest). The price depends on the brand, model, and features. If you are a weekend enthusiast of woodworking projects, there’s need for you to break the bank when you buy a professional grade table saw preferred by the tradespeople. Make sure you identify the features you require and consider the best value option within your price range.
Since hybrid table saws will definitely range in the hundreds at least, you want your investment to be worth it. A way to ensure that is quality and heavy duty construction, especially of the base. A lot of the options we presented above have cast iron material construction, which is the best. There are some with plastic guards but in regards to safety, metals are always better and more sturdy than the alternative. One downside of iron material is the weight. They are considerably heavier than aluminum or steel, which could make them less portable. Make sure the stand of the hybrid table saw has sturdy legs and the table top is iron at least and smooth and flat.
As mentioned before, hybrid table saws are the best of two worlds between a cabinet saw and a contractor saw. If cabinet saws and contractor saws are not for you, hybrids are great. The best (and safest) ones should possess all the top quality features we mentioned and maybe more. Many of these hybrid saws also come with a storage cabinet in the base to hold all your tools!
Being able to find a cost-effective and efficient blend of the two most sought after saws makes the hybrid table saws one of the most important additions to your workspace and/or jobsite. Our hybrid table saw reviews above should help you out. But before buying, make sure to note all the safety features that they should possess to keep yourself out of harm’s way.
I hope my hybrid table saw reviews and buyer’s guide helped you pick out the perfect high performance saw for the right price. But if you’re on the hunt for affordable table saw models, check out my reviews of the top table saws below $1000.