With a lot of options for mini circular saws in the market today, there are only a few that can match and satisfy specific requirements. We’ve gathered some of the best in this list and checked their performance, best features, and even their downsides. However, if you are looking for the most advanced circular saw in general, check our comparison here.
This list will help you decide which mini circular saws you should consider. From cheap to expensive, there is saw that can offer you the depth gauge, speed, power, grip, controls, and accessories that you will need. Here’s our definitive list of the 10 best mini circular saws you can spend your money on today.
Top Small Circular Saws Comparison
1. WORX WORXSAW WX429L 4-1/2″ Compact Circular Saw
WORX WORXSAW is known as one of the top mini circular saws, and it actually ranked in the top of this list.
- Far lighter than a typical compact work saw.
- Features a thin blade for faster-cutting speed.
- It provides better visibility when doing cutting tasks.
- Features a depth gauge lever which is conveniently positioned.
- Much more durable than most of the other saws.
- 3-year warranty.
- A little more pricey to buy than many other options.
If you want the best compact circular saw, you could do much worse than this. You will find a few options that are available in this price range that feature such an excellent level of durability. If you are looking for a circular saw that can put up with a little more abuse than usual, this is the best buying choice.
Worx is one of the more reliable makers of affordable circular saw kit. If you are looking for a saw which will last you and your tool kit for a long time, you may wish to buy and invest in the Worx Worxsaw WX429L.
For example, the guard on this compact saw is made out of hardened plastic, which most people would consider fragile, but you will find that it is less prone to breaking than regular thin metal guards. The low weight of this ensures that you will not get tired after a long workday using this particular saw.
While low weight may make some users feel a distinct lack of quality, you will find that it makes this model even less likely to break when it is dropped accidentally. This is also much easier to use than many other mini circular saws, and this is the case for several reasons.
You will find that the black handle on the Worx Worxsaw WX429L is large enough to be comfortably held by almost any user. The failing in most compact circular saws is that they are too small for you to handle with ease in most situations. You need a handle that is molded to be comfortable when you’re doing both complicated or simple clean incision on plywood, as well as large enough for your other needs.
2. VonHaus Ultra-Compact Circular Saw
Vonhaus Ultra-Compact is the best mini circular saw that was made by this awesome manufacturer.
- This saw features a powerful, 5.8 amp motor.
- This compact saw cuts at around 4500 rpm for softer materials.
- There is an included laser guide for a more precise job.
- It features the ability to plunge cut, which is somewhat rare.
- It features a slim handle, which is more convenient.
- Comes included with accessories, including an extended dust extraction hose.
- It comes included with extra different blades.
- This model is less user-friendly than competing products
As with our previous model, you will find that this mini circular saw from VonHaus is the best option if you want something smaller and more powerful than the other options. For example, the 5.8 amp motor allows you to cut through soft material like plywood and some tougher substances like drywall and tiles than you will be able to with other models.
This also features an excellent number of other features that make it easy to work with, though it is still a little less user-friendly than you may be used to dealing with. The ability to plunge cut with this circular saw allows you to make deeper cutting jobs than you can with other products.
While this may seem rather run of the mill when you are comparing it to some of the more specialized options, it is worth the investment when you buy it for its reliability alone.
The additional blades which come included with this compact circular saw are a feature that serves to make this a much more versatile product than you would expect. The inclusion of a handle which is far more ergonomic than the ones on other mini circular saws makes your life much easier.
The blade, which can rotate at up to 4500 rpm, is both durable and thin enough to allow for the execution of quick cuts. If you are tired of mini circular saws which come included with subpar blades, you are sure to be a fan of this product from VonHaus.
3. Genesis GCS545C 5.8 Amp Circular Saw
Genesis makes consumer and professional grade mini circular saws.
- The 4.5-inch blade provides a compromise between maneuverability and durability.
- The blades are tipped with tungsten carbide for added strength.
- The use of triple gear reduction ensures max torque.
- Features a dust port for the easy clearing of wood dust.
- Adjustment controls are readily available.
- It features a grip (gray and black accents) that has readily available controls.
- This saw is less durable than other models.
The Genesis 5.8 Amp circular saw is one of the better products on this list when it comes to versatility. If you would like to ensure that you buy a mini circular saw that is capable of performing the most jobs possible, you will very likely want to invest in one of these.
The inclusion of a dust port means that you won’t ever have to worry about wood dust getting in your way, and the triple gear reduction keeps the torque output high on this. While the 5.8 amp motor is relatively typical for one of these compact saws, it is helped immensely by this gearing.
While Genesis saws may not be the most well-known of the ones that we have reviewed, you will find that they are worth the money that you put into them.
The blades, which are tipped with tungsten carbide, can incise through harder surfaces than you may be used to cutting with a smaller circular saw such as this one. It also features an added blade wrench. Speaking of cutting through tougher materials, you will find that this is easily capable of diminishing vibrations and discomfort.
Thanks to the substantial handle and the ergonomic design, you don’t have to worry about discomfort while you are in the middle of a cut, even if you are trying to get through the metal. The controls are located conveniently on this so that you can adjust the with one hand.
4. Makita SH02R1 12V Max CXT Circular Saw
Makita is a well known and trusted brand name among woodworkers and woodworking sites that has been building high quality and powerful chainsaws for over 50 years, including the Makita SH01W.
- The cordless design of this mini circular saw makes it easier to use.
- The 1500 rpm blade speed of this product allows you to slash through harder material like particleboard, melamine, etc.
- Cutting depth is up to one inch deep with this lightweight saw.
- The beveled base can tilt up to 45 degrees.
- This saw weighs much less than other saws on batteries.
Cons: cutting depth
- This is a less affordable saw than the competition.
If you want a saw that is battery powered and you are looking for a compact circular saw which offers some of the best and sleek-looking build quality you will come across, this one from Makita (and Makita SH01W) is a great option. The inclusion of a bevel base allows you to cut at angles that go up to 45 degrees. It also allows a max cutting depth of 1″.
While most mini circular saws are relatively heavy, you will be hard-pressed to find another which is as light as this one. At only around 3 or 4 pounds, this product is much easier to handle during particularly long work sessions. The adjustable cut depth allows you to diversify your cuts with ease.
Makita is a top manufacturer of circular saws since their products (like Makita SH01W and Makita SH02R1) are both on batteries but powerful and reliable, which are exactly what you will want to look for in one of them.
While 1500 rpm blade speed may seem a little slower than the speed that you will find on other lightweight saws, it is ideal for cutting through harder materials reliably. This slower speed ensures that your motor will not end up overheating while you are trying to penetrate through materials that are a little thicker.
You will find that the build quality of this Makita product is superior to much of the competition. You need to ensure that your mini circular saw is as reliable as possible if you want to get your money’s worth out of it. While this Makita lightweight saw is a little more expensive, it is worth the price.
5. Dremel SM20-02 120-Volt Saw-Max Mini Circular Saw
The Dremel is a good workhorse that is ideal for beginners.
- The motor has a power of 6 amps, which is more powerful than most other products.
- This features worm-drive gearing.
- Comes included with four-blade types for different materials.
- Capable of making straight, flush and plunge cuts.
- The saw features clear-cut visibility.
- This saw is more expensive than many other saws.
If you want a handheld saw which is as powerful as possible, this product from Dremel is one of the best options at your disposal. This is due to the 6-amp motor, which is more powerful than the motors that you are used to finding on more compact circular saw models.
If you are trying to ensure that your cutting job is precise and accurate, you will find that the visibility offered by this saw is superior to many other products. While it may not feature a laser guide for better accuracy, you will find that the adjustable blade position is more than enough.
You can also choose between settings for the plunge and straight cuts, which offers superior versatility to much of the competition. While there are not many ways that a mini circular saw can impress you, this product’s assortment of features is more than impressive enough for us.
There are also four different blades that come included with this saw. These blades are optimized for use with various materials, so you can get the best incision possible even at its maximum cutting depth. If you want to ensure that your cutting line goes as smoothly as possible, you will want to use the right blade for the right material.
If you need a mini circular saw which is versatile and you don’t mind paying a little more for it, you will find that this saw is the best option around.
6. ROCKWELL RK3441K 4-1/2″ Compact Circular Saw
The Rockwell RK3441K is ideal for left-handers, women and men with relatively small hands.
- This corded and electric powered saw features 5A 3500 rpm motor that performs like a full size saw.
- It has a thinner 4.5-inch blade that makes it strikingly lighter and works without much strain.
- Designed with a left-handed blade that allows impeccable visibility and balance.
- Features a dust extraction port and vacuum adapter for easier dust collection.
- Features a black slime in-line grip for excellent control and comfort.
- Comes with an included circular saw kit with accessories for blade changing and a black 10-ft power cord.
- Circular saw kit doesn’t include a dust bag or a case for the saw.
- It is not designed to be used with tiles.
- Pressing the safety button and trigger lock button simultaneously can be difficult.
Rockwell RK3441K compact circular saw is the way to go if you are keen on a performance that is on par with the standard-size ones. Its electric motor boasts of a 5-amp power that easily cuts through 2x4s in a single pass, unlike other compact saws that would require flipping over of wood.
Experience excellent maneuver of this lightweight saw that makes overhead cuts a breeze even during long hours of use. Blade clearance of this saw is at maximum, providing best-in-class cutting capacity. The blade’s speed when operated is 3500 RPMs, with measurements at 4.5 inches, has 24 teeth, and a 3/8-inch arbor. At 90 degrees, it has a cutting depth of 1-11/16″. Expect less strain when you use this saw’s thinner blade.
This saw has no problem with tasks that include cutting angles, an easy edge of this over others. It cuts 1 11/16 inches at 90 degrees and 1 1/8 inches at 45 degrees. Choose any angle you want from 0 to 90 degrees, and this compact saw will cut with ease.
Rockwell RK3441K has a depth gauge lever that makes quick setup and adjustments trouble-free. It is very easy to use for beginners, left-handers, women, and men with relatively small hands. It is a versatile saw that can assist with minor renovations, DIY craft projects, and intricate cutting tasks and jobs.
The Rockwell RK3441K compact saw is perfect for those wanting to have a handy cutting saw for unique cuts such as cutoffs, plunge, and rips. It is a tool that definitely lives up to the good Rockwell image and is worth every penny, although it may come across as a little costly.
7. MASTERMIND 800344 Compact Precision Circular Saw
Mastermind is a tough, reliable, powerful and effective mini circular saws manufacturer.
- This saw has 4 amp power in its professional grade motor.
- Has easy adjustment features including depth and length indicator.
- Weighs very little at 3 lbs and 13 ounces, easy to manipulate with one hand.
- Has a quick-plunge feature and depth adjustment can reach up to 7/8 inches.
- Features laser cutting line guide and LED light.
- Sightlines can be troublesome.
If you are looking for a highly handy saw that you’ll easily ease into, then MasterMind 800344 is your best bet for a compact circular saw. It is a user-friendly cutting saw that is strategically designed to assist you best in your cutting needs. Aside from wood, it can cut other materials such as drywall, plastic, tile, and sheet metal with thickness up to 7/8 inches and its max cutting depth with tiles is up to 3/8 inches.
The trigger, SmartTrack LED and laser switch, depth locking lever swivel headlock, and blade guard release lever are all in orange plastic that easily stands out and can be easily accessed. Likewise, the main strategic features make it a breeze for the user to make the best use out of this tool. The saw skit comes with non-scratch base covers, a carbide-tipped blade, an edge guide, and two hex wrench.
The design allows the blade to automatically be ready for a plunge cut, as the saw position lifts the blade above the cutting surface when you operate the saw. Simply press the blade guard release lever with your left hand while using your right hand to guide the movement of the saw’s body along with the material.
This saw’s design is a good fit for floor and tile work without producing a dust storm. The included vac hose adapter works well and gives you a dust-free cutting experience. While other details are not the best among its contemporaries (e.g. missing sightlines), MasterMind 800344 is a supersaw that can deliver high-quality results despite the discomfort in other features. After learning the ropes, you’ll be reaching out to this tool more often in the future.
We hope that our reviews have helped you in choosing and deciding what is the best mini circular saw possible for buying. While there may not be as wide of a selection of these smaller saws as there are for larger circular saws, you will find that it is still sufficient for most needs.
Feel free to ask away in the comments below if you have any questions about our assessment process.