With a lot of options for mini circular saws in the market today, there are only a few that can match and satisfy specific requirements. We’ve gathered some of the best in this list and checked their performance, best features, and even their downsides.
This list will help you decide which mini circular saws you should consider. From cheap to expensive, there’s a saw that can offer you the depth gauge, speed, power, grip, controls, and accessories that you will need.
Here’s our definitive list of the 10 best mini circular saws you can spend your money on today.
Top Small Circular Saws Comparison
1. WORX WORXSAW WX429L 4-1/2″ Compact Circular Saw
WORX WORXSAW is known as one of the top mini circular saws, and it actually ranked at the top of this list and guide.
- Far lighter than a typical compact work saw at a little over 5 pounds in weight
- Thin blade design for faster cut speed.
- It provides better visibility when doing cutting tasks.
- Depth gauge lever is conveniently positioned.
- Durable compared to the other saws.
- Handle is comfortable at the hand
- 3-year warranty
- Price is higher than many other options.
- Guard is not metal
If you want the best compact circular saw for wood projects, this is one of the best compact tools that will give you precise cuts. You will find a few options that are available in this price range that feature such an excellent level of durability.
If you are looking for a circular saw that’s able to put up with more abuse than usual, this is the best buying choice.
Worx is one of the reliable companies that make circular saw kits at a more affordable price. If you’re looking for a sawto last you and your tool kit for a long time, the Worx Worxsaw WX429L is a good choice. It has a thin blade design which does make it great for quick cut speeds for those straight line cuts.
The safety guard on this compact circular saw is made out of hardened plastic, which most people would consider fragile, but you will find that it’s less prone to breaking than regular thin metal guards. The low weight ensures you won’t get tired after a long workday.
While low weight can make some users feel a lack of quality, it makes this top of the line model even less likely to break when dropped accidentally. It’s also easy to use than many other compact circular saws.
The black handle on the compact Worx Worxsaw WX429L is large enough for a comfortable grip handle. The failing in most compact circular saws is that they are too small, making it hard to handle with ease in most situations.
You need a handle that is molded to be comfortable when you’re doing both complicated or simple clean cut on plywood, as well as large enough for other needs. And with a warranty, this lasts a long time.
2. VonHaus Ultra-Compact Circular Saw
Vonhaus Ultra-Compact is the best mini circular saw that was made by this awesome manufacturer.
- This top of the line saw features a 5.8 amp motor for power
- This powerful compact circular saw cuts at around 4 500 rpm for softer materials.
- Included cutting guide for precision
- It features the ability to plunge cut
- It features a slim handle, an ergonomic design that does make it way more comfortable.
- Comes with accessories, including an extended dust extraction hose.
- You get extra different blades for different cuts
- This model is less user-friendly than competing power tools
As with the previous model in our search, you will find that this mini circular saw from VonHaus is the best option if you want something smaller and more powerful.
The 5.8 amp power motor allows you to cut through soft material like plywood and some tougher substances like drywall and tiles than you will be able to cut with other models.
This compact saw also has different features that make it easy to work with, though it’s less user-friendly than you may be used to dealing with. The ability to plunge cut with this mini circular saw allows you to make deeper cutting jobs than other products.
While this small circular saw may seem run of the mill when comparing to others you can get at this time, it’s worth the investment when you choose it for its reliability alone. It even has a laser that will guide for cut precision and control.
The additional blades which come included with this best compact circular saw are a feature that serves to make this a much more versatile product. It’s great for bevel cuts.
You get a handle to make your life easy because it has an ergonomic design compared to other circular saws for a little more control.
The blade, which can rotate at up to 4 500 rpm, is both durable and thin enough to allow for the execution of quick or long cuts. If you are tired of the compact circular saw which comes with subpar blades, you are sure to be a fan of the blades in this VonHaus product.
3. Genesis GCS545C 5.8 Amp Circular Saw
Genesis makes consumer and professional grade circular saws. The GCS545C is also a compact saw that comes with enough power and safety, so we did choose it for these reviews and guide.
- The 4.5-inch blade provides a compromise between two things: maneuverability and durability.
- Tipped blade with tungsten carbide for added strength.
- The use of triple gear reduction ensures max torque.
- Dust port feature for the easy clearing of wood dust.
- Adjustment controls are readily available and adjusted with one hand
- 3 500 rpm to handle tough or small jobs
- Comes with a grip (gray and black accents) where the control mechanisms are
- Can cut other materials aside from wood (like metal)
- Ergonomic design
- This compact saw is less durable than other models.
- No laser guide
The Genesis GCS545C 5.8 Amp power small circular saw is one of the better power tools on this list as it’s more versatile.
If you would like to ensure that you buy the best mini circular saw that is capable of performing big or small jobs, you will very likely want to invest in one of these because it has the power you need.
The inclusion of a dust port means that you won’t ever have to worry about wood dust getting in your way, and the triple gear reduction keeps the torque output high on this.
While the 5.8 amp power of the motor is relatively typical for one of these best compact saws, it’s helped immensely by this gearing.
While Genesis saws may not be the most well-known of the ones that we have discussed in these reviews, you will find that they are worth the price.
It has no laser guide, but it uses adjustable depth and bevel settings so you can make bevel cuts easily with control. It also has a 3 500 rpm to handle tough jobs.
The tungsten carbide tipped blade can cut through harder surfaces than you might be used to cutting with a smaller circular saw such as this one. It also features an added blade wrench.
Blade size is 4-1/2 inch so you’re fine without keeping larger blades. As for a replacement blade, there are two blades available – 24T TCT and the 60T HSS saw blade.
Speaking of the blade cutting through tougher materials, you will find that this is easily capable of diminishing vibrations and discomfort every time you work. Safety is another thing that’s good for.
Thanks to the handle you get and the ergonomic design, you’ll be comfortable in the middle of a cut, even if you need to work through materials like metal.
The controls are located on the grip so that you can adjust and use them with one hand. This light weight saw has a 2-year warranty, and a warranty is another way you’re able to tell the manufacturer’s confidence in the product.
4. Makita SH02R1 12V Max CXT Circular Saw
Makita is a trusted brand name when you search what woodworkers and woodworking sites use for the job. They had been building high quality chainsaws for over 50 years. The small cordless Makita SH02r1 is one of the best in the circular saw line.
- The cordless design of this mini circular saw makes it easier to use.
- The 1 500 rpm blade speed of this tool allows you to cut through harder material like particleboard, melamine, etc.
- Cutting depth is up to one inch deep with this light weight saw.
- Comes with bevel base that can tilt up to 45 degrees.
- This cordless saw weighs much less than other battery powered saws
- Cutting depth could not be the ideal cutting depth for some
- Higher price than the competition
If you want a small, lightweight saw that uses battery for power and you are looking for the best compact circular saw that offers sleek-looking build quality you will come across, the SH02r1 cordless circular saw from Makita (and Makita SH01W) is a great option.
The inclusion of a bevel base allows you have bevel cuts that go up to 45 degrees. This cordless circular saw also allows a max cutting depth of 1 inch.
While most compact circular saws you can get are relatively heavy weight, you will be hard-pressed to find another as light. At only around 3 or 4 pounds in weight, this tool is much easier to handle during particularly long work sessions.
The adjustable cutting depth allows you to diversify your cuts with ease.
Makita is a top manufacturer of compact circular saws. Some products (like SH01W and Makita SH02R1) work on the battery (cordless) but powerful and reliable. Battery life is pretty good in use, which is also what you want in the power department.
While 1 500 rpm blade speed might seem slower than the speed power you use on other compact circular saws, 1 500 rpm is ideal so blades can cut through harder materials reliably.
This slower blade speed ensures that your motor will not end up overheating while you using it to work or cut through materials that are a little thicker.
The build quality of this small cordless circular saw is designed as superior to the competition. You need a mini circular saw that’s reliable if you want to get your time and money’s worth out of it.
While this Makita lightweight mini circular saw has a more expensive price, it’s worth the price for the weight of a battery powered tool, as cordless saws are more convenient.
5. Dremel SM20-02 120-Volt Saw-Max Mini Circular Saw
The Dremel is a good compact workhorse that is ideal for beginners or those new to woodworking projects, so it makes it in our guide as well.
- The motor is using a power of 6 amps, more powerful than other tools.
- This features worm-drive gearing.
- The saw comes with four-blade types for different materials.
- Capable of making straight, flush and long cuts.
- This lightweight saw features good clear-cut visibility
- 17,000 rpm
- Blade diameter size is 3″ and blade cut depth is 3/4″
- This compact saw has a more expensive price than many other saws.
- No laser guide
If you want a handheld saw which packs in power, this lightweight tool from Dremel is one of the great options at your disposal. This is due to the 6-amp power motor, more powerful than the motors that you are used to finding on more compact circular saw models.
If you are trying to ensure that your cutting job is precise and accurate while assuring safety, you’ll find that the visibility offered by this saw is superior to many other tools.
While it does not feature a laser guide for better accuracy, the adjustable blade position is more than enough.
You can also choose cutting settings for plunge cuts and straight cuts. While there aren’t many ways a mini circular saw can impress, the power and features in this tool is impressive enough.
There are also four different blades that come included with this light weight compact saw. These blades are optimized for use with various materials, so you can get the best cut possible even at its maximum cutting depth.
The cut depth is at 3/4″ while the blade is 3″ in size. You want your cutting line to go smoothly. With the right power, you want to use the right blade that would work for the right material so the cutting line is smooth.
If you need a mini circular saw designed for versatility and you don’t mind paying a little more for the power it gives in each cut, you’ll find that this lightweight saw is the greatest option around — albeit without the laser guide.
6. ROCKWELL RK3441K 4-1/2″ Compact Circular Saw
This is ideal for left-handers, women and men with relatively small hands.
- This corded and electric powered saw features 5A 3500 rpm motor that performs like a full size saw.
- The tool uses a thinner 4.5 inch blade that makes it strikingly lighter and works without much strain in each cut
- Designed with a left-handed blade that allows impeccable visibility and balance
- Speed of the blade is at 3500 rpm
- Features a dust extraction port and vacuum adapter for easier dust collection.
- Features a black slime in line grip for excellent control and comfort.
- The lightweight saw comes with a circular saw kit with accessories for blade changing and a black 10-ft power cord.
- Good for bevel cuts
- Depth gauge lever
- Circular saw kit is without a dust bag or a case for the saw.
- Not designed to be used to cut tiles.
- Pressing the safety and trigger lock button simultaneously can be difficult.
Much like the Rockwell RK3440K, the Rockwell RK3441K compact circular saw kit is the way to go if you are keen on power and performance that’s on par with the standard-size ones. Its electric motor boasts of a 5-amp power that easily cuts through 2x4s in a single pass, unlike other compact saws that would require flipping over of wood.
Experience excellent maneuver of this compact saw that makes overhead cuts a breeze even during long hours of use on the job. Blade clearance of this saw is at maximum, providing best-in-class cutting capacity.
The blade speed power when operated is 3500 RPM, with size at 4.5 inches, has 24 teeth, and a 3/8 inch arbor. At 90 degrees, it has a cutting depth of 1-11/16 inch. Expect less strain when you use this saw’s thinner blade.
Like the Rockwell RK3440K, this tool works without problem with tasks that include beveled cuts, an easy edge of this over others. It cuts 1 11/16 inches at 90 degrees and 1 1/8 inches at 45 degrees.
Choose any angle you want from 0 to 90 degrees, and this compact saw will accomplish bevel cuts with ease.
Rockwell RK3441K lightweight saw has a depth gauge lever that makes quick setup and adjustments trouble-free. It’s easy to use for new users, left-handers, women, and men with relatively small hands.
It’s a versatile saw (like the Rockwell RK3440K) that can assist with minor renovations, DIY craft projects, and intricate cutting tasks and jobs. Also, there’s a dust extraction port and vacuum adapter.
The Rockwell RK3441K compact saw is good for those wanting to have a mini cutting saw that has the power for unique cuts such as cutoffs, plunge, straight, and rips.
It’s a working tool that definitely lives up to the good Rockwell image and is worth every penny, although it could come across as a little costly.
7. MASTERMIND 800344 Compact Precision Circular Saw
Last in our circular saw review is something from Mastermind. They produce tough and powerful mini circular saws for making your projects.
- This saw has 4 amp power working in its professional grade motor.
- Has easy adjustment features including depth and length indicator.
- Carbide tipped blade
- Weighs very little at 3 lbs and 13 ounces, easy to manipulate with one hand.
- Has a quick-plunge feature and cutting depth adjustment can reach up to 7/8 inches.
- Features laser cutting guide for cutting and LED light.
- Able to cut materials like wood, metal, tile, plastic
- Included vacuum hose adapter
- Sight line can be troublesome.
If you are looking for saw reviews of a highly handy saw that you’ll easily ease into, then MasterMind 800344 is your best bet for a compact circular saw. It’s a user-friendly mini cutting saw that is strategically designed to assist you best in your cutting needs.
Aside from wood, it can cut other materials such as drywall, plastic, tile, and sheet metal with thickness up to 7/8 inches and its max cutting depth with tiles is up to 3/8 inches.
The trigger, SmartTrack LED light and laser switch, depth locking lever swivel headlock, and blade guard release lever are all in orange plastic that easily stands out and can be easily accessed.
Laser will make it easy to handle precise cuts each time. Likewise, the main strategic and safety features provide a means for the user to make the best use out of this tool.
The saw kit comes with non-scratch base covers, a carbide-tipped blade, an edge cutting guide, and two hex wrench.
The design allows the blade to automatically be ready for a plunge cut, as the mini saw position lifts the blade above the cutting surface when you operate the saw.
Simply press the blade guard release lever with your left hand while using your right hand to guide the cutting movement of the saw’s body along with the material.
This lightweight saw’s design is a good fit for working on floor and tile without producing a dust storm. It’s helpful if your woodworking shop setup in your garage is directly connected to the rest of your home.
You get an included vacuum hose adapter. It works well and gives you a dust-free cutting experience. While other details are not the best among its contemporaries (e.g. missing sight line), MasterMind 800344 is a supersaw that’s able to deliver high-quality results.
After learning the ropes, you’ll be reaching out to this lighweight tool kit more often in the future for your cuts and projects.
We hope that our reviews and buying guide have helped you in choosing and deciding what is the best mini circular saw possible for buying.
While there may not be as wide of a selection of these smaller saws as there are for larger circular saws, you’ll find that it’s still sufficient for most cutting needs. However, if you are looking for the most advanced circular saw in general, check our comparison here.
Feel free to ask away in the comments below if you have any questions about our assessment process of the tools in this buying guide.