The DeWalt DCS7485T1 is a mildly expensive table saw kit that comes with everything you’d need or want from a table saw. This is also one of DeWalt’s most innovative saws because if you change the tool being used on the kit, the voltage of the battery will adjust to the need of that tool. This is great because if a battery was being used at high voltage consistently when it wasn’t needed, it would run out of juice far quicker. The table is smooth and all the tools included on the table seem really high quality.
With most DeWalt products, there’s a very calm and bright yellow paint coat that goes on almost everything. The danger zone of the saw, the sides and the battery have the classic yellow look. One thing DeWalt does a great job of with their designs is placing instructions and warnings on the sides of their product like they’ve done with this table saw kit. Everything’s clear, easy to read and if you have any questions about the operation of the kit or a tool on it, it’ll more than likely be written on the side somewhere for easy use and understanding.
- Very flexible and easy to set up once it arrives at your house as the instructions are very clean and concise about what to do, how to get it going and shows you step by step how to get up and running in the shortest amount of time possible
- This has the power of absolute freedom to give you the most optimal cut possible because while there’s different tools on this table saw kit, the voltage being used will actually change depending on what tool you’re using so you don’t overuse the battery or run out of juice too early
- The rip of this table saw kit is a staggering 24 inches so you can extend the rip and you’ll be able to easily cut through 4x8 plywood if you need to and you can also do osb sheets which allow for a highly versatile cutting environment and a solid machine
- If you’re someone who accidentally leaves machines on, well this one has a plan to combat that because when you leave this machine on, it’ll have power-loss and power saving technology kick in to prevent that from happening and this reduces restarts as well which can be annoying in the middle of a cut
- If you need to make quick adjustments and don’t have time to fiddle with settings, then you’ll love the rack and pinion telescope rails because they make adjustments and easy and not time consuming one bit
Pros & Cons
- The DeWalt DCS7485T1 has the power of a corded motor, like it’s directly plugged into the wall but there’s no cord at all on this table kit, it’s completely cordless and has the strength of a lion for easily cutting wood
- It comes with extremely convenient battery saving technology that will adjust depending on what you’re doing, so if you need a cut that doesn’t require a lot of juice, the voltage will turn down and if you’re using the saw at max capacity, the voltage will turn up
- The rip capacity can be extended to a jaw dropping 24 inches which will in turn, give you so much flexibility and work space room that you can cut just about anything you want and have some room left over
- The fencing rails will help ensure that your cuts are smooth and easily done with a nice smooth finish so you won’t have to second guess your cuts and you won’t have to spend a lot of time guiding them
- The battery isn’t the best or the most ideal battery for this particular sawblade but it’s still powerful enough and does the job
Q: How does the one battery two voltage thing actually work?
A: When you’re operating the saw, you’ll notice that there’s two different voltage settings. If you’re using a saw that requires a lot of voltage, the voltage will go up. If you’re using a tool that doesn’t, the voltage will actually go down and this helps you save hours upon hours of battery time and you’ll end up getting 4x the battery run time in the long run.
Q: What’s the size of the blade on this kit?
A: If you ever want to replace or just get a new blade, the size of the blade is made for eight and quarter inches. You can’t go above or below that, or it won’t appropriately mount or fit inside of your table kit. This is something you have to pay close special attention to if you’re planning on replacing anything in the table.
Q: What if the battery runs out?
A: There are adapters out there if you’re concerned about the battery life but you generally won’t need it because this battery runs for a very long time. However, if you’re really concerned, there are some adapters out there that you can use.
DeWalt DCS7485T1 Review Conclusion
You can save quite a bit of money on this saw right now because it looks like they’ve slashed the price down considerably from its original price of $519. If you’ve got the money to spend, this is definitely a worthwhile saw and it’s one of those tools that will last you for years to come without ever needing to replace it. It’s a great tool for the garage and it cuts like a champion.
No matter what your need for this tool is and what kind of cuts you need, you’ll easily achieve those and more with the DeWalt DCS7485T1 Flexvolt. The voltage technology in this kit is one of the most unique things we’ve ever seen included in a table saw and we’re sure you’ll love it as much as we did. It’s not only unique but ergonomic and saves you hours for your battery life.