The Craftsman portable table saw is a highly functional saw that’s pretty hard to get your hands on because they’re usually in limited availability and Amazon is constantly running out of them. Are they that good or is the supply of these saws that low? The overall features of the saw look great, it has a pretty powerful motor, it has a strong stand and it rolls thanks to the wheels but what’s the catch? There aren’t a lot of real reviews readily available so we had to do a little digging to find more information.
If you’re looking for different models or the ideal model, check our guide here.
Craftsman usually does a pretty good job on the design of their products and makes sure that they’re aesthetically pleasing and comparable to the best table saws you see in the market. We do appreciate their effort to make all of the buttons and everything that has a function stand out. Everything that does something on the table is coated with red paint to stand out from the otherwise blandish grey coat that the saw has. The stand even folds so it’s good at saving space for those with a tight garage or shed. Everything’s easy to use and looks solid, so points on the overall design of the table.
- We were lucky to get our hands on one of these because they’re going out of stock a lot and at the time of reviewing this table saw, they only have one left in stock, probably due to the low pricing, all the features included and being a relatively new product on the market
- Unlike 15-amp Ridgid R4512 hybrid table saw, the Craftsman has 10.5-amp motor that provides a powerful push to cut through any type of wood that you may have and provide any type of cut that you desire, whether it’s a small cut or a large cut, even though this 10-inch table saw is relatively small, it definitely can provide a huge cut
- The table stand is attached to the motor in a way that it allows you to fold it up completely when it’s not in use so you can store it away and easily bring it back out
- Has wheels on the bottom of the stand for convenience because even though it’s pretty lightweight, no one wants to carry around a table saw, that’s why Craftsman included wheels like with top-notch hybrid table saws, so you can just push and pull it to your destination
- It’s not nearly as small as it looks in the pictures and it’s a bit intimidating when you first open it up and get it ready for use because in the original picture, it looks tiny but while it’s space-saving, it’s not that small
- There’s even storage inside of the table saw which holds the fence and the miter which provides great functionality and allows for more optimal cuts depending on what you need
- The table on the right side of the saw extends out to give you more working room and to help you hold larger boards if you’re making large cuts with thick wood
What We Like & What We Don’t Like
What We Like
- Craftsman 10 inch Portable Table Saw‘s folding table allows you to clean up easily after you’re done, simply fold the legs up and store the table away for when you need it again and you can park your car in the garage when it’s not in use
- The convenient expanding table on the right-hand side of the saw provides a lot more workroom and a lot more functionality with the saw overall, giving you more cutting options if you need them
- Unlike Bosch 4100-10 or DWE7491RS with a 15-amp motor, Craftsman has a relatively small 10.5-amp motor which cuts through wood with ease and makes sure that blade is spinning overtime
- The shroud on top of the blade is equipped with a 2-and-a-half-inch port which is great functionally and optimal design
- The fence and miter are secretly hidden away in the storage of the table saw and easily accessible if you need to get to them to adjust the depth of the cut or change how the cuts are being made
What We Don’t Like
- Shipping isn’t the fastest and it’s hard to get a hold of them because they don’t have a lot of these in supply or they run out fast, we’re not sure which one
Q: What’s the overall weight of this table saw?
A: The overall weight when it’s fully assembled with the legs and the saw is 57 pounds. It’s not too heavy considering the size of the thing. It does look a bit larger in person than it does in the pictures and the description makes it seem like it’s a tiny table saw, which it’s not. It’s lightweight though and easy to roll around on the legs included with the stand.
Q: Is this item durable?
A: Very. It’s 57 pounds which means the legs that it stands on the need to be durable as well and while the legs look like plastic from the pictures, they’re most certainly not. They’re very durable and the saw’s quality is very high as well. You don’t have to worry about the durability or the quality of this saw, it’s pretty top-notch in that regard.
Q: Is there a warranty included?
A: We haven’t been able to get any information regarding a specific warranty for this product and we’re not sure if there even is one. Once we get more information on that, we’ll let you know. However, we haven’t heard of anyone returning this product as of yet as well.
Craftsman 10-inch Review Conclusion
While there’s not a lot of information readily available on the Craftsman portable table saw, this seems like a great and practical saw to use. We love the fact that it has wheels on the leg stand which makes it so easy to roll around and so easy to move from job to job. It’s also great that it flips up and allows you to store it because this is something that a lot of table saws lack today. It’s only a little over 50 pounds so it’s lightweight and it comes packed with a 15 amp motor which is more than adequate for any wood you have.
For you to use a table saw carefully, you need to know the table saws-related injuries here. Read next!